REPORT TO OUR MEMBERS
In 1934 a small group of community minded individuals met to address banking needs in the Grants Pass area. These individuals envisioned a financial institution that would be an integral part of the community by making loans, encouraging thrift, and giving back to the community.
For 85 years Evergreen has been doing just that, making loans, encouraging thrift, and giving back. We are proud of our ability to stay true to our mission and fulfill our founding members’ dream. As Evergreen continues to grow stronger than ever, we look forward to continuing to serve Southern Oregon: engaging with our customers locally, listening to their needs, and making a positive difference in the communities we serve.
Looking back at 2018, some of our highlights include:
• Another profitable year increasing capital to more than $54 million
• Earning another “Outstanding” Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) Rating
• Growing Evergreen to more than $455 million in assets
• Another year ending with NO real estate owned through foreclosure
• Continuing to help our customers buy, build, remodel, and refinance their homes with more than $68 million in mortgage lending
• Stimulating our local economy by originating over $38 million in commercial loans
• Earning BauerFinancial’s highest 5-Star rating of “Sustained Superiority Bank” for securing a 5-Star rating over 100 consecutive quarters
• Sponsorship of projects that improved our local schools as well as hosting events that raised over $150 thousand for local nonprofits.
In early 2019, we will celebrate our 85th anniversary. We will continue to make loans, encourage thrift, and give back to our communities. No other bank has been headquartered in Southern Oregon longer than Evergreen.
Thank you for placing your trust in Evergreen for your banking needs and for your support of what we have been able to do in our community.
- Jeff Hyde, President/CEO
Evergreen Federal Bank
Grants Pass, Oregon • December 31, 2018
|Cash on Hand and In Banks||17,497,776|
|Other Real Estate Owned
|Checking Accounts||$ 146,995,714|
Core and Risk-Based Capital are the basis by which
the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC)
determines whether a savings association is
operating in a safe and sound manner.
Evergreen’s position are as follows:
|CAPITAL||OOC Requirements||Evergreen's Positition|
In 2019, Evergreen will continue Title Sponsorships that strengthen our community. BearFest, Back to the ‘50s, Concerts in the Park, Taste of the Rogue, Rogue Winterfest, and investing in our local schools are just some of the projects that Evergreen has planned. It is our desire that these sponsorships benefit nonprofits, stimulate our local economy, and make a difference where we live.
Below is a partial list of Evergreen sponsored projects and events:
• Art-Along-the-Rogue - Grants Pass
• Back to the 50's - Grants Pass
• Boatnik Festival - Grants Pass
• Concerts in the Park - Grants Pass
• Downtown Christmas & Tree Lighting - Grants Pass
• Evergreen's BearFest - Grants Pass & Rogue River
• Evergreen's Magical Christmas Murals & Nutcrackers - Grants Pass
• First Crush - Grants Pass
• First Friday Live - Grants Pass
• Grants Pass YMCA Turkey Trot - Grants Pass
• Habitat for Humanity - Grants Pass
• Josephine County Food Bank & Raptor Creek Farm - Grants Pass
• Rooster Crow - Rogue River
• Trick-or-Treat BearFest - Rogue River
• Rogue Valley YMCA Pear Blossom Run - Medford
• Rogue Winterfest at Evergreen’s Bear Hotel - Grants Pass
• Rogue Valley Boys & Girls Club, Taste of the Rogue - Grants Pass
• Southern Oregon Kite Festival - Brookings
• Southern Oregon Adventure at Evergreen’s Bear Hotel - Grants Pass
• Veteran’s Day Walk of Honor - Merlin
• Women’s Crisis Support Team Clothing Fairs - Grants Pass
• Wilderness Trails, Evergreen Hall - Ashland