Southern Oregon's Mutual Bank
The Bank that's Different
In 1934, a small group of community-minded individuals met to address the banking needs in Grants Pass. The country was emerging from the great economic depression. People needed a bank where they could keep their money safe; they wanted lenders they could trust. Incorporating and obtaining a Mutual charter on February 13, 1934, the original board of directors held their first meeting. By June they had determined their lending policies and began providing financing for home loans. At that time, Evergreen served customers from a shared office space located on the second floor of a building in downtown Grants Pass.
Today, Evergreen continues to grow stronger than ever with our signature Main Office Headquarters located along the Rogue River in Grants Pass. In addition, Evergreen has five other branches located in North Grants Pass, Medford, Rogue River, Brookings, and our new solar-powered branch in Ashland. Evergreen remains committed to our Mutual charter which is designed to serve you locally and reinvest in projects that benefit Southern Oregon. Projects like Evergreen Federal Sports Complexes, the expansion of Asante Three Rivers Hospital and Spears Cancer Center, and hosting events that have raised over $2,000,000 for local mental health organizations are examples of Evergreen's Mutual commitment to our community.
From our modest beginnings to the strength we hold today, Evergreen has remained a dependable financial resource for Southern Oregon throughout the economic cycles of the last 90 years. With conservative business practices and progressive leadership, Evergreen has established itself as a viable, homegrown financial institution that has not lost sight of its mission.